15 October 2020, Paris, France – UNESCO launches photo exhibition entitled “Protecting UNESCO’s Marine World Heritage through scientific research” at the UNESCO headquarters in Paris, France.
The photo exhibition was prepared in collaboration with the Monaco Explorations Campaign in the framework of a partnership agreement between UNESCO, through its World Heritage Marine Programme, and the Principality of Monaco.
The exhibit features photographs taken by the Monaco Explorations during a scientific exploration in the UNESCO World Heritage marine sites, which includes the Philippines’ Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park (2016).
Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the centre of the Sulu Sea, which includes the Tubbataha and Jessie Beazley Reefs. It is home to a great diversity of marine life. Whales, dolphins, sharks, turtles and Napoleon wrasse are amongst the key species found here. The reef ecosystems support over 360 species of coral and almost 700 species of fish. The reserve also protects one of the few remaining colonies of breeding seabirds in the region .
Prince Albert II, Sovereign Prince of the Principality of Monaco, also visited the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park on 09-11 April 2016, accompanied by Ambassador Ma. Theresa P. Lazaro, Philippine Ambassador to France and Permanent Delegate to UNESCO.
Other marine sites featured were Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary in Colombia, Rock Islands Southern Lagoon in Palau, and Lagoons of New Caledonia.
The photo exhibition will run until 30 October 2020. END.
- Monday, 08 June 2020 PH at UNESCO Executive Board Special Session, 08 June 2020
- Friday, 29 May 2020 PH-MONACO RELATIONS
- Wednesday, 27 May 2020 Philippines Joins Group of Friends for Solidarity and Inclusion with Global Citizenship Education
- Tuesday, 19 May 2020 Consular Documents Ready for Release as of 14 May 2020
- Friday, 15 May 2020 Announcement - PH and FR Holidays in May and June 2020
- Monday, 04 May 2020 Advisory-Postponement of Repatriation Deliberation for Seafarers
- Monday, 04 May 2020 Public Advisory-Suspension of All Passenger_Commercial Flights to and from the Philippines
- Monday, 04 May 2020 Mandatory Quarantine and COVID-19 Testing for all Arriving Passengers to the Philippines